Wednesday, May 16, 2007

LIT Reading

So last week I got the summer reading assignments for next year Lit. The two books are "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel and "Rocket Boys" (which was mad into the movie October Sky) by Homer Hickam Jr. I just started reading Life of Pi and I'm only in the beginning so I can't really tell how it's going to be. But the back of the book told me it was about a guy who's ship sank and now he is stuck with a tiger and has to survive. IDK about you but that's not my type of story. Rocket Boys, on the other hand I was told was a good book by my sister. I guess I'll have to pull through reading them and then I'll know what I think. But I need to know is there any hope for these books. Let me know what you thought of them.

Oh, and I just finished the famous book "To Kill A Mockingbird" and it was pretty good.

x sara o

5 comments:

Tru said...

I love To Kill a Mockingbird and omg Life of Pi is one of the best books I have ever read in my life. trust me the back cover does not do it justice. it is completly different than that. he is on a boat but it is a lot more inresting than it sounds. my AP english teacher assigned it to us as our first book and everyone loved it

-ciao bella- said...

I absolutely loved To Kill a Mockingbird! It is my favorite book! And you have to keep me updated about Life of Pi because I have to read that too along with 2 others :-(. but my summer hasn't started yet so I get to procrastinate until august at least.

alexgirl said...

To Kill a Mockingbird is such a classic. I also really liked Life of Pi, but it took me a while to get into it. Give it time, give it time!

Emma said...

to kill a mockingbird is my favorite book of all time, ever. but I will have to give the other 2 a try!

Anonymous said...

LOOOVE to kill a mocking bird.
and October sky is such a good movie. Jack G. is so precious!